Tonight’s the Night CD
Tonight’s the Night CD, signed by Laura!
REG PRICE $16.95 SALE PRICE: $9.95, plus $4.99 shipping and handling
Your order will be received in 3 to 4 weeks
- PLEASE NOTE: If you would like Laura to sign the book to you (or another name), please click on PROCEED TO CHECKOUT when checking out, and please write your preferred personalized name in the ORDER NOTES section at checkout. Thank you!
AUDIO CD with 8-PAGE BOOKLET
Winner of a “Musician Magazine Award,” Tonight’s the Night contains six originals and three cover tunes, and features some of New York’s finest musicians, including Don Rebic on piano, Randy Brecker on trumpet, Joe Beck on guitar, Chip Jackson on bass, Michael Berkowitz on drums, with Andy Snitzer and Lou Marini on sax. “Voice, feeling, style, drama—she has it all. Count me in as one of her most enthusiastic fans.” –Fritz the Nite Owl, Smooth Jazz Radio, Columbus, Ohio
A Note from Laura: Tonight’s the Night is an extension of me, my life, and my music. It started one afternoon when I got a call from my musical director and long time friend Don Rebic: “I was thinking—he hesitated—let’s write and produce our own jazz record. Let’s record our own music, the music we enjoy playing.” For the following year we wrote, recorded, edited, mixed, and mastered our “labor of love” project. I am so grateful to Don, Alan Foust, and all of the incredible, virtuoso musicians who lent their talents to this recording to make it so special. The lyrics come from the bottom of my heart, and the music speaks my story.
LISTEN to SAMPLE TRACKS and READ REVIEWS below.
- Better Days
- I’ll Never Get Over You
- Tonight’s The Night
- He’s Not There
- Where Did The Love Go?
- Bossa Turns To Blue
- You Got The Love
- Laura Theodore, Vocals
- Don Rebic, Piano & Synthesizers
- Chip Jackson, Bass
- Michael Berkowitz, Drums
- Randy Brecker, Lead Trumpet
- Joe Beck, Guitar
- Andy Snitzer, Alto Sax (on Tonight’s The Night)
- Lou Marini, Lead Tenor Saxophone (on Shooby-Do)
- Norma Garbo & Maria Bartolota, Backing Vocals (on Tonight’s The Night)
- Sue Evans, Percussion (on Better Days)
- Graham Hawthorne, Drums (on Tonight’s The Night)
- Additional trumpets:
- Bob Millikan, Alan Rubin, Danny Cahn Additional trombones: Jim Pugh, Keith O’Quinn, Sam Burtis, Dave Taylor
- Produced By: Andy Ebberbach & Laura Theodore
- Executive Producer: Don Rebic
- Musical Direction: Don Rebic
- Horn Arrangements & Orchestrations: Alan Foust
- Mixed By: Andy Ebberbach at Interface and Soundtrack, NYC
- Mastered By: Andy Ebberbach, Video Mix, NYC and Dan Kincaid, Master Cutting Room, NYC
- Cover Photo: Sue Anne Miller
- Assistant Engineers: Bob Smith Jr, Dan Rich, Mark Schaffel, & Chris McLaughlin
- Record Label: Bearcat Records
“Laura Theodore’s powerful voice is lined with velvet and versatility. The New Yorker’s fantastic four-octave range is showcased on six originals co-written with polished pianist Don Rebic.” –Patricia Myers, Jazz Times
“For the last few weeks I have had the pleasure of playing LAURA THEODORE TONIGHT’S THE NIGHT on my radio show, ‘Nite Owl Jazz,’ WWCD-101-FM, Columbus, Ohio. Listener response has been terrific—and I’ll be using many tracks from the CD for months to come. She is the most dynamic, exciting, and versatile singer I’ve heard in a long time—and I’ve been a professional DJ since 1959. Voice, feeling, style, drama—she has it all. Count me in as one of her most enthusiastic fans.” –Fritz the Nite Owl, Smooth Jazz Radio, Columbus, Ohio
“Tonight’s the Night features nine songs, most co-written by Theodore and keyboard player Don Rebic. The Theodore-Rebic compostions include “I’ll Never Get Over You,” a smoky torch song that shows off Theodore’s range and versatility, with notes dipping to throaty growls, then climbing to Sarah Vaughan-like soprano.” –Dianne Zuckerman, Denver Daily Camera