Coconut Curry Vegetable Stir Fry, created by certified personal trainer Rob Ventre, is vegan and gluten free!
1) Start with sliced or chopped mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, sprouts, carrots, beans, snow peas or any of your favorite stir-fry vegetables.
2) Sauté over high heat using natural non-stick cooking spray or a touch of oil in a large skillet or wok, until slightly brown and tender.
3) Reduce heat and liberally season with 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder, 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and crushed red pepper to desired taste/heat. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of white vinegar, a few dashes of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic. Stir to combine flavors and simmer for one minute.
4) Add 8 ounces light coconut milk and simmer for a few more minutes.
5) Just before serving, toss in some fresh chopped cilantro, scallions and juice of half a lime. Serve over your favorite type of rice or noodles.
Note: To further reduce calories and carbs, you may substitute almond milk and skip the rice or noodles and just throw in extra veggies or bean sprouts to replace the noodles.